Sunday, June 13, 2010

i had this idea......

about, i'd say, 5 years ago, i believe i was standing in our office talking about this and that, when andria told me to 'put it out to the university!'

what does this mean you ask? well, she meant to say universe. that's the first thing to point out. but underneath that, it has come to mean so much more to me. sure, i giggle every time i say it and it's my intention to make others giggle when i say it, but it's so true.

so many times we think that we are out of control, or that we have no part in what is happening to us. we blame others, we take little responsibility, we also think that there is nothing we can do about it. the hardest part of this, is that when you figure out that your life is the way that it is because YOU made it that way, you are now responsible for it.

if your life is crappy, that's your fault. if it's great, that's your fault too. how funny that we are all so quick to take responsibility for the good things, but the bad? that's everyone else's fault.

this is something that i've noticed in myself, my family, and my work. i've noticed it in my friends, my co-workers, and clients. it's everywhere, i think we've been conditioned to think that we cannot make our lives better because we weren't responsible for making them crap in the first place.

this drives me nuts about myself!!! does anyone else notice this about themselves?

so i had this idea. a blog where i "email" the universe to let it know what i want and that i'm ready to accept it. now, of course, because everyone can read this, i'm hoping that everyone who reads it will participate, in whatever way you want. i have a tendency to jump around, using different methods. sometimes it's a wish, sometimes it's a thank you note where i pretend that i have what i'm wanting. other times, i want to tell the university to f*** off.

i won't of course, but you know what i mean. my humanness gets the better of me sometimes.

i'll get into other discussions of the universe and how i've learned to use it in my own life, in later posts.


lately, i've been thinking about my future. so, dear university, i'm grateful for the financial security that you have given me. i'm so abundantly blessed that i can do whatever i want, whenever i want.

No comments: