Monday, March 7, 2011

Inner Conflict....

The degree to which you cherish yourself is the precise degree to which you will be cherished.  Have a cherishing thought about yourself, right now.
-Mama Gena

I love the way she talks. 

In every self help book, the experts say that the beginning point to making long lasting changes in your life is to learn how to love yourself exactly as you are.  To "feel good now." 

This means that even if you hate how you are, you must learn to love something about it in order to move forward.

I have seen this at work.  I have seen people learn to love and accept themselves as they are and then begin to move forward. 

But...

How easy is this to do? 
Here's my question: How do you learn to love something...that you don't...love?  Doesn't the university know you're full of crap? 

Somewhere, someone knows the secret to doing this and I really wish they'd share. 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

My answer to your question is Prayer. Just one simple word.